Looking for a new Telecommunications provider or considering a new business Phone system?
Consider these important questions that you should ask any service provider or hardware supplier so you don’t get locked into any agreement that doesn’t deliver on its promise.
You can also touch on the following factors:
- What are the standard available options/features/plans?
- What is not included but needed for the system to work efficiently? You need to find out if there are hidden charges for installation, training, cables, and maintenance. People often assume cabling is included but typically this is an additional cost to the business.
- How long is the contract period (for service providers)?Typically the maximum service provider agreements are 24 months, and hardware contracts can vary from 24-60 months.
- Is there a sample system that can be tested or demonstrated?
- Who are your clients?
- What are the options when the system fails?
- What are your service response time? (hardware).
- What kind of training will my employees need to work with the system?
- What guarantees will you give my company for uninterrupted service or for service modifications?
Finally, don’t get confused with all the jargon and terminology that suppliers use. If you don’t understand, simply ask. There are no silly questions when it comes to telecommunications, after all, the reason you are getting the system is to have better communication right?
Features and add-ons are great but you also need to consider if it functionally works for your business at the present time? Most features can be added as you grow or your business changes. Don’t get sucked in to any marketing campaigns that seem great at the time but add no real value.